The Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat: Tough Enough to be a Bass Boat
The Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat has been given a rating of 9.7 out of 10 by the North American Fishing Club for quality, safety, ruggedness, durability, and price. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
A Look at the Craft
When ordering this inflatable catamaran, you will choose between two packages, the Deluxe or the Pro Angler, the latter includes everything found in the deluxe package plus seat pedestal stands and an upgraded oar set suitable for white water.
The Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat
Deluxe Package Specifications:
- Dimensions: 14'3" x 5'11"
- Deflated: 74" x 24" x 12"
- Tube Diameter: 18.5"
- Capacity: Four adults (950 lbs)
- Hull weight: 101 lbs
- Chambers: Four separate air chambers
- Material: 1000 Denier Reinforced
- Seam: Quadruple Overlap Seams
- Floor: Aluminum slat roll up over full fabric floor
- Air Valves: Recessed one way
- 3 Swivel seats & 3 quick-release mounts
- 4 rod holders
- 2 oar/paddles, oarlocks and pins
- Foot pump
- Built-in motormount
- Nylon hull carry bag, and repair kit
- Motormount capacity: 4 hp gas (60 lbs max wt), or electric up to 74 lbs thrust
- Speed Estimates: 8-10 mph with gas, 4-6 mph with electric
- Warranty: 3 years (180 day money back guarantee)
- NMMA Certified for safety/construction standards
- Inflation and Assembly time: 5-15 minutes
Compare Sea Eagle Inflatable Pontoon Boats Here
The Extras in the Pro Angler Package are:
- 3 pedestals for swivel seats
- 2 additional rod holders
- Upgraded AB90 oar set: two 9' heavy aluminum oars
Options and Accessories:
- BST Super Turbo Pump ($189)
- Casting Bar ($159)
- One seat pkg ($79)
- Canopy for 440fc ($239)
- Minn Kota 28 lb thrust motor ($149)
Kicking the Tires
The Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat sports a unique folding frame, a full floor for standing and casting as well as storing gear, and 360° swivel seats which offer firm back support. The two hefty inflatable pontoons and the wide beam design provide independent buoyancy allowing the catamaran to roll over lapping water like a dual suspension, versus rocking up and down at the mercy of swells and waves in a hard-hulled boat.
Another key feature of the Sea Eagle 440fc is the 1000 Denier fabric used on the hull that allows the pontoons to take a beating without fear of rips or punctures. That means the FoldCat can survive rough handling such as being dragged over rough rocks on the beach or getting tossed in the bed of a truck, without damaging the air chambers.
Three adults can fish aboard the Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat and have elbow room to spare. It’s designed to seat up to four people plus their gear, but that many fishermen aboard makes this boat seems crowded.
Out on a lake, this inflatable catamaran is fairly easy to navigate as it zips through calm water. In heavy and persistent chop, it is a bit more difficult to maneuver at speed but not so much that it’s a problem.
New or Used, It’s a Good Choice
Both the Deluxe and Pro Angler packages sell for under $1,900, and if you buy your catamaran direct from the Sea Eagle website, you may have the option of purchasing a used FoldCat saving you about $200. There may be a few cosmetic scratches but the used boats have been tested and inspected for damaged, and come with the same 180-day money back guarantee as a brand new inflatable boat. New or used, the Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat is a good choice for bass anglers and comes highly recommended.
Show me other Sea Eagle Inflatable Boats
Return from Sea Eagle 440fc FoldCat to the Best Inflatable Boats Home Page